Jump to recipe
Today my little lady turns 3 years old. After 27 hours of natural labor and walking the halls of Johns Hopkins Hospital, she came into this world making her voice heard. She is the joy of my life.
She has been so excited for her birthday to come. The countdown had been on since her cousin’s birthday in January.
I took time last night to make Carrot Cake cupcakes to take to the daycare because they are her favorite.
Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Ginger
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Milk
- ¾ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 4 Eggs
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla
- 1 lb Carrots (Peeled and Grated)
- 1 can Crushed Pineapple (8oz can, drained)
- 1 cup Pecans Chopped
- ½ cup Coconut
- 1 cup Raisins
- 1 stick Butter, softened
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- Combine Flour, Baking Soda, Cinnamon, Salt, Nutmeg, and Ginger in a medium bowl; set aside. Combine sugars, milk, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla extract in a large bowl; stir until all ingredients are well blended. Add flour mixture, carrots, pineapple, walnuts, coconut and raisins, stirring just until well blended. Line cupcake pans with paper liners and fill 3/4 of the way full with batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pans.
- Icing: Combine butter and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl; beat until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar and vanilla extract, mixing well.
© 2023 Copyright Our Urban Eden
She was so excited to go see her friends at daycare. She was greeted with a Happy Birthday banner.
I cant wait for later this evening when the entire family comes over for dinner.
UPDATE: Dinner was wonderful and Kennedy had a ball!